Thursday 19 December 2013

Stampin' Up! UK Gold Glittery Joyful Christmas


Good morning all.

Today's crafty make is a card inspired by one I saw on the Convention inspiration boards, I just loved the Gold Stampin' Glitter, a product I had previously overlooked in the Autumn Winter catalogue. It is super sparkly (and so is my craft room and living room after the class).

I loved creating the layers for this card using Brushed Gold cardstock, Whisper White and Vellum. The Whisper White layer is stamped with Crumb Cake using the En Francais background stamp (a firm favourite in my household). The flowers from the Joyful Christmas stamp set were first stamped with Versamark (after thoroughly brushing the Vellum with my Embossing Buddy) and then covered with Heat and Stick Powder. I then blasted the powder with my heat tool and then poured the lovely sparkly glitter over the sticky outlines. I then gave a quick final blast to heat set the glitter. 

With a new seasonal catalogue just around the corner and Christmas less than a week away I might have to pack away my beloved Joyful Christmas stamp set. This must be one of my all time favourite stamp sets and I'm actually missing crafting with it already. But I am sure once I get my hands on the new seasonal products, festive crafting will be long forgotten ;0)

And look what just arrived through my post box. My beautiful cross stitched card from my partner in the Isle of Wight cross stitched card exchange. I shared my card here, U was delighted when this arrived. I loved that the cross stitch element can be detached and hung from the tree and kept as a keepsake (I love collecting Christmas tree decorations with a story and a bit of history).


And one last thing, look who is enjoying the festivities so far. Here is my (very grown up) little girl enjoying a day out at my grandparents house on the mainland. She definitely mastered the art of Christmas Crackers (and she is also a big fan of mince pie eating too- well the mincemeat at least!).


Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries about Stampin' Up!, I'd be only too happy to help: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Festive Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment