Friday 13 December 2013

Stampin' Up! UK Cross Stitch Christmas Hybrid Card


Good morning all. Welcome to Friday and *hooray* its nearly the weekend.

I thought I would share a different card project today. This year I took part in a cross stitch card exchange with a group of local Isle of Wight crafters. We were all given a crafty partner to exchange with. I cross stitched a few card designs with an idea in my head of creating these hanging bauble windows. However, it all looked a bit too busy. So I downsized and created just the one bauble with this owl stitching design. I then redesigned the card to include stamping using the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and my Gold Metallic Encore stamp pad. I finished with embellishments including Basic Rhinestones and Silver 1/8" Ribbon

The layers of the cards were created with Night of Navy and Brushed Gold card stock. 

Inside the card I created this little festive owl using the Builder Owl Punch and silver and red glimmer paper. I thought he added a nice extra layer of festive creativity ;0)

I really enjoyed the creative challenge of blending traditional cross stitch with Stampin' Up! and stamping. I love using the embellishments, stamps and punches to make a hybrid crafty card.


The card was posted yesterday and will be winging its way to my crafty partner as you read. Now to await my return card and see what crafty loveliness arrives through the door.


Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries about Stampin' Up! or My Digital Studio, I'd be only too happy to help: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Festive Crafting ;0)
-X-




No comments:

Post a Comment