Friday 17 March 2017

Watercolour Big on Birthdays Notecards from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Happy Friday crafty friends. Hope you've had a good week and enjoyed a little sunshine wherever in the world you are. The Isle of Wight has had a couple of really lovely bright days this week.

What does your weekend have in store for you craft wise? I am making good progress with my patchwork quilt so will devote some time to getting some more rows of that stitched I think. Plus my other half is off camping tomorrow so I'll have an entire evening to watch Greys Anatomy and stitch- my perfect Saturday night.

I have a set of 4 cards to share with you today. I was experimenting with creating watercolor backgrounds with my acrylic blocks. For these cards I used some brightly coloured Twinkling H2Os I found in my crafty stash (not Stampin' Up! matching colours i'm afraid). That is what gives these cards their shimmer. As I have done with my Stampin' Up! ink pads in the past I applied the H2O paints directly to the acrylic block and sprayed with my Stampin' Spritzer. I then squished the block on to my Whisper White to give me the watercoloured mixed colour background.


Once I let the backgrounds dry a little I used the sentiments from the Big on Birthdays stamp set from Stampin' Up! with my Memento Black ink to stamp over the top of the watercoloured background.


To finish I added a little rhinestone bling for added sparkle.



Hoping you all have a lovely crafty weekend. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! and their products. I would be happy to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love an opportunity to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party.  As the hostess you earns exclusive free products and all guests get to create a fun crafty project to take home too! Get in touch if you'd like any further information.

-xxx-

No comments:

Post a Comment