Sunday 5 February 2017

Beautiful You Paper Piecing from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


A very happy Sunday my crafty friends. I thought I would take some time out of my Sunday afternoon patchwork piecing schedule to share a set of paper pieced cards I created with some crafty friends last weekend.


If you've been on Pinterest recently you will have come across a multitude of cards created with the Stampin' Up! Beautiful You stamp set. I wasn't a big fan of this set from the  pictures in the catalogue until I saw all the creative things people have been making with it. And then once I'd seen the different paper piecing variations I knew I had to treat myself to the stamp set to have a go myself.


Paper piecing is my all time time favourite stamping technique and this stamp set lends itself perfectly. I began by cutting my layers of Whisper White and DSP from the Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper set. Once I had decided on my floral layers I then kept the offcuts of DSP for the stamping of the dresses/hats. I used Memento Black ink and stamped the elegant ladies once on to my Whisper White layer and then again on to my DSP scraps. I chose to turn my DSP over and use the coordinating papers on the other side (and I deliberately chose prints that would look like lovely elegant dresses).



Once you have stamped the image again on to DSP you simply take a sharp pair of scissors and cut around the dress elements from the image. Once cut you simply adhere on to the Whisper White stamped image giving you a simple but effective patterned fill on your stamping.

I love the simplicity of the technique and I felt the images were enough without making too much additional fuss on my cards. So once I had stamped the matching sentiments I simply added a hand doodled frame to each card and voila they were complete!


I am in the middle of so many crafty projects at the moment. I am hoping to share some progress pictures very soon. I have recently started a new charity Stitch Along for Mind and I am loving trying a new style of cross stitching. Once I've finished the colour I am stitching I'll take some pics to share. Similarly I am alternating the SAL with piecing together lots of patchwork hexagons for a quilt for my daughter's birthday (it is a real family affair as Dad is cutting paper patterns, Mum is tacking them and then we are all getting stuck in to stitching the hexagons together- a month till her birthday- wish us luck!!!)

Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! and their products. I would be happy to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love an opportunity to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party.  As the hostess you earns exclusive free products and all guests get to create a fun crafty project to take home too! Get in touch if you'd like any further information.

-xxx-

No comments:

Post a Comment