Monday 13 June 2016

A Botanical Builders Birthday from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning lovely crafters. 

What a weekend it has been. I took the girls to the Isle of Wight music festival. I think it was all a bit overwhelming for them but Summer soon warmed up to all the noise and enjoyed dancing and exploring. They both certainly slept well after two days of music and fun and mini pancakes. It really was a fantastic weekend. I love being able to walk 10 minutes down the road and be in the midst of such an incredible event. And it was all rounded off last night with Queen and Adam Lambert as the headliners. They knocked a lot of great performers off my ''best festie' list to take the number 2 spot in all time greatest act list (I don't think anyone will be able to take the number 1 spot from Pink!). We are having a quiet one today to recover. As I write this I have two girlies snuggled up on the sofa with me watching Mr Tumble.

I have a card to share today from last month's card class. This was inspired by a creation I'd seen out on the blogosphere but I cannot find the original card to credit the Demonstrator who created it. The original used masking to create the strip through the middle for the sentiment. For my class we simply stamped the Botanical Blooms in the background and then added a strip of Whisper White over the top for the sentiment.

To create our tropical background we used the various Botanical Blooms leaf stamps with Pear Pizzazz ink. Through a combination of direct stamping and stamping off and stamping we created the different shades and tones of green.


The sentiment from Cottage Greetings was stamped in Pear Pizzazz and the strip of Whisper White added over the top of the background stamping.

We then added the three flowers cut using the Botanical Builders Framelits. I have just realised the three colours we used for the flowers are retired In Colors. However, these flowers would look lovely in any colour combo. I think the new In Colors would add a perfect tropical twist to the colour scheme.

To finish I added Rhinestones to the centre of each flower.


I couldn't resist sharing a quick pic of my two at the festival over the weekend. And let me just share that those ice creams cost more than the same weight in gold I'm sure. Good job they enjoyed them ;0)


Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, or any of our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment