Wednesday 11 May 2016

A Delightful Dijon Sheltering Tree Panel Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Happy May 11th. Just a normal day for most but a celebration of the day I become a Mum for me. My little Miss is 4 today. Where did those 4 years go? Weird that Summer has been with Sam and I half the time we've known each other. And what a crazy 4 year ride it has been. We have had a lovely day filled with cake and fun and family. It is now well over an hour past bedtime and both girls are still awake. A sure sign of a good birthday!

Today's crafty make is a Delightful Dijon inspired panel card I created for my In Color Stampers Showcase at Telford. I began with my larger Whisper White layer where I stamped my base Sheltering Tree in Early Espresso. I then guesstimated where to stamp the tree again on my smaller long Whisper White panel (which I cut slightly smaller in height than the tree branches as I wanted them to show over the top). I could have been more technical and properly lined my stamping up with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig but I was having an imprecise day I think. And it didn't work out too badly.


I then added layers of Delighful Dijon inking to give texture and definition to the leaves over the top of my stamped tree trunk. I simply stamped multiple times without reinking the image. I layered the Whisper White piece over Delightful Dijon cardstock and positioned on to my main Whisper White layer.

I then added the final stamped details around the bottom of the tree- fallen leaves, grass, rake and sentiment.


Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, or any of our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment