Monday 8 February 2016

#Imbringingbirthdaysback You're So Lovely Birthday Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

A very Happy Monday to you all from Stampin' Sarah HQ. It has been a super busy day here hence the much later blogging than usual. I have been hard at work prepping for my Tin of Cards class on Saturday (what a lovely kit that is to work with! More on that later in the week though).

Today I have a lovely card I received to share with you. This is not one I crafted for myself. There is a lovely crafter in the US, Shannon West, who works at Stampin' Up! Head Office who has started the #Imbringingbirthdaysback movement. She posted earlier in the year that she thinks social media has ruined birthdays as no one sends birthday cards any more. So she asked if anyone would like a handmade card sent from the US to celebrate their birthday. At last look the post had over 1000 comments with people's birthdays listed ;0) 


I posted that my birthday had been and gone by the time she started sending cards (I'm January 1st) but lo and behold I came home in the week to see this envelope sitting waiting for me. I was absolutely delighted! Shannon has written a lovely message inside and said I could still celebrate a few weeks late ;0) And I guess this is the whole point. Feeling such delight at receiving a handmade card is why we all craft and make and give to those we love. So I have made a long list of birthdays for the year and I going to make a concerted effort to get cards in the post to pay it forward.

I love the sentiment of what Shannon has started and as crafters I am sure we need no excuse to get creating. So crack open your Perpetual Birthday Calendar kit. Mark all those upcoming birthdays on it and get crafting..... And if you'd like a handmade card from me from the Isle Of Wight just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk with your name, birthday and postal address. I am happy to post worldwide so just let me know when and where and there'll be something special winging its way to you.



And I also have an update on my KLT Charting Owl Stitch Along. We have a new Owl being released this Wednesday so I wanted to keep you up to date on my project's progress. I found in my Grandma's tin this lovely blue variegated thread. So that is how I dressed Owl No 2.


And I decided to be a bit cheeky and outline the next two to make life a little easier when the next two Owls are released. I can just get on and stitch without worrying about my outline first.


Thank you for popping by today. Pop back on Wednesday for more craftiness. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration or any of our new products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment