Friday 12 February 2016

Doing more with your Tin of Cards with Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Happy Friday crafty friends.

I've had a fun few hours finishing off my Tin of Cards Project Kit this morning. I was amazed at the variety of embellishments and elements in this kit. I completed my 16 cards and had plenty of bits left over to make more cards to fill my tin.

The kit instructions give you 4 card examples (1 for each coloured card base). But when you have so many lovely bits and pieces, why create the same cards 4 times? There is plenty of scope for making lots of different designs. Which is what I did. I decided to add a couple of additional stamp sets in to give me a full range of different cards. Today I am sharing the blue striped cards I made to go in my tin.

I used the coordinating Tin of Cards stamp set to create the additional stamped effects on the wood element and background. I also used my Snail, Tombow and Dimensionals to complete the overall project.


For this card I used the white side of the butterfly elements. I used a dauber to add Bermuda Bay to the smaller butterfly to coordinate with the base.


My favourite embellishments in this set are the gold epoxy hearts. I loved adding these to my cards for texture and dimension. I also mixed up which cards I used DSP on and which I added the elements too.


This final 'blue' card I've included to show you the importance of using the right ink pad for this project. I used my Memento to stamp the sentiment and you can see where it bled in to the wood. I realised after this card that Stazon is a better choice to get a clean stamping effect on the wooden speech elements.


Thank you for popping by today. Pop back tomorrow for more Tin of Cards craftiness. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration or any of our new products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment