Wednesday 24 February 2016

A Going Global Shaker Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Evening crafters. What a crazy week. My girls are both poorly which has thrown out all my crafting plans and schedules for the week. But in celebration of getting them to sleep I have something a little different to share with you this evening. I was blog hopping earlier in the week and came across the Global Design Project blog. This week's challenge theme is to CASE the designer. And the designer in question is my lovely upline Michelle. So I decided to have a go.

As soon as I saw Michelle's source card I instantly wanted to take the shaker element as my focus. I never need much of an excuse to add sparkles and a shaker element to my cards. I also loved the showcasing of the Designer Series Paper so decided to crack open my Going Places Paper Stack.

This is what I came up with:



For my shaker element I painstakingly went through my Brights Sequins to pick out the green stars and the blue hearts to represent the colours of the sea and land of the stamped globe.

I also added my newly arrived Metallics Glitter Tape as a glimmery feature of my card. This is one of the new Sale-A-Bration items available through till March 31st (a set of three metallic tone tapes free with a purchase of £45+).


Thank you for popping by today. I hope you enjoyed my challenge entry. Pop back on Friday when I'll be giving you a little sneak peek of this months card class projects. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration or any of our new products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Great idea for this card Sarah. Love how well those shaker stars fit into your theme! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took the time to get the right coloured sequins Sarah - it was worth the effort! Love the inspiration you have taken from Michelle's card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Look forward to seeing you play along with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card, Sarah. Love this shaker globe! Great pairing with this DSP. Thanks you so much for playing along with this week’s CASE the Designer Challenge at Global Design Project – I’m glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great take on the layout sarah! It matches this product suite perfectly! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete