Monday 22 February 2016

A Birthday Blooms Celebration with Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

A belated Happy Monday to my crafty friends.

Well what a weekend it has been. Spent the weekend in London with Sam. We had tickets to a Walking Dead convention at Olympia. We are huge fans of the show so spent the weekend geeking out at the panels and perusing the horror and sci fi stalls. We also indulged in some shopping and eating in central London with a trip to Bubba Gumps (Forrest Gump themed chain restaurant). 

Now that doesn't begin to explain my late posting today though. I lost most of today to a migraine!!! I had the project all lined up to share but spent most of today curled up in the dark. Thankfully I've slept off the worst of it and I am ready to share my craftiness for the day.

This is a project I made for a recent crafty Stampin' Up! party I demonstrated at. The project seemed to go down really well. This stamp set, Birthday Blooms, has proved super popular amongst my regular class attendees. I just love the swirly sentiments.

For this card I used a 10.5x21cm Whisper White card base (scored at 10.5cm). I used a strip of Rose Red cardstock layered with a piece of Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper (from the Spring Summer catalogue).


I positioned my paper strips and then stamped my line of hearts in Rose Red.

Once these layers were adhered I punched my 2" circles from Rose Red cardstock and then layered this with Botanical Gardens Vellum (a Sale-A-Bration freebie item). As you can see I struggled a bit with my glue dot positioning  and should have moved them to hide underneath my flower a bit better. A note to remember for next time.

To finish I stamped my sentiment and stamped the flower in Memento Black ink and used my Blender Pen to colour in Blushing Bride and Wild Wasabi.


Thank you for popping by today. Pop back on Wednesday when I'll be giving you a little sneak peek of this months card class projects. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration or any of our new products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!).

-XXX-

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment