Friday 2 October 2015

Reason for the Season meets Thankful Forest Friends from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Happy Friday crafters.

What will your weekend have in store? I am hoping to put my feet up with a cuppa and get some stitching done. I have a few Christmas cards to finish stitching as well as a couple of practice embroidery kits I got at the Kirsty Alsop show a couple of weeks back. Fingers crossed I get a few minutes to have a go.

Today I have a Thank You card I made by combining Thankful Forest Friends and Reason for the Season stamp sets.

I created the background by layering the outline and leaf/petal stamps in a random pattern over my Whisper White layer. I used a 21cm x 14.9cm card base (scored at 10.5cm). I then created a WW layer 10cm x 14.4cm.


For my sentiment layer I cut the Cherry Cobbler layer at 7cm x 4cm. The Whisper White layer which I punched in the corners with the new Trio Corner Punch was 6.5cm x 3.5cm.

I wanted a simple Thank You sentiment to accompany a Hostess Gift so I used my Stampin' Write markers for some creative colouring. I changed the Thankful Forest Friends 'Thankful for You' stamp in to Thank You simply by selectively colouring my stamp. I used the same direct stamp colouring for the multicoloured finished image (leaves and flourish).

I finished with Regals Candy Dots and mounted my sentiment layer on to Dimensionals.


Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at your own crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project like this one too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment