Friday 31 July 2015

An Awesomely Artistic Dragonfly Flight from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

How are you enjoying the new Stampin' Up! catalogue? It has been live for 2 months and the firm favourite product amongst my customers so far has to be Awesomely Artistic. This stamp set has flown off the shelves and I have loved seeing what my customers have been coming up with. It is such a versatile set and the beautiful dragonfly is so detailed.

So in honour of the fantastic layering stamp set I have CASED this card from the wonderfully creative Michelle Zindorf over in the USA. She uses amazing layering, inking and blending techniques with Stampin' Up! stamps to create incredible effects and cards. Her blog really is worth a look.

For this card I masked the edges with a piece of scrap paper and washi tape. I used the lines of my grid paper to mark precisely where I wanted the lines to be. I then used a Stampin' Sponge and inked Pool Party for the sky and Pear Pizzazz for the grass. I tried to get an ombre style effect by sponging darker towards the outside and lighter towards the middle.


I stamped the floral image across the bottom in Memento Black and coloured with my Blender Pens using Rose Red and Mossy Meadow.

I finished by stamping the dragonflies again in Memento Black. I then added White Gel Pen to the wings to give that extra bit of definition (I then used a non-SU silver sparkle pen over the top for a little glitter).


I am off work now for a week so hoping for lots of crafting and creating. And also lots of fun and games with the girls (*fingers crossed* for some lovely weather so we can get to the beach and splash park). I look forward to sharing my makes with you next week. I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy whatever you have planned.

Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment