Friday 10 July 2015

A Garden in Bloom Gift Box from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Happy Friday Crafters. What a week it has been! Thank goodness for weekends and crafting with friends.

This gorgeous sunshine we have here on the Isle of Wight inspired me to create this little Garden in Bloom gift box. A perfect little box for anyone celebrating a sunshiny summer birthday.

This is one of my favourite stamping techniques- creating my own stamped Designer Series Paper. I have often had people ask me if Stampin' Up! now sell cardstock thickness DSP. When in actuality it is a design I have stamped myself. It is such a simple effect.

For this stamped box I used the Garden in Bloom stamp set with the following pairs of colours: Rose Red and Blushing Bride, Old Olive and Mint Macaron, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron, Pacific Point and Soft Sky.


For the Pear Pizzazz Base:

  • Piece of cardstock measuring 6-1/8" x 8-1/8"
  • Score around all edges at 1-1/16"
  • Cut the corners and fold up in to a box

For the stamped Whisper White lid:

  • Piece of cardstock measuring 6-1/8" x 8-1/8"
  • Score around all edges at 1" (this makes the box slightly bigger so it fits nicely over your base)
  • Trim 1/4" from each edge to make the lid slightly shorter (this will show your Pear Pizzazz base)
  • Stamp your chosen design
  • Fold up in to the lid shape.
I created the matching tag with the Note Tag Punch. I created the little banner using the Endless Thanks photopolymer stamp set. I cut the banner and layered over my stamped tag.

I finished the box with a length of Soft Sky ribbon and a couple of Basic Pearls.


I hope you have lots of crafty loveliness planned for the weekend ahead. I have made a little time to catch up with my Project Life album. I am hoping to continue that and bring it a little more up to date (it is currently floundering around Easter).

Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. Just what I've been wanting to make for my sister's birthday. You have me excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments Elizabeth. Hope you have fun making the box. I absolutely love the Garden In Bloom stamp set ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really lovely thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete