Monday 27 July 2015

A From Land to Sea Turtle Trio from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning and how was your weekend? The Isle of Wight suffered a wet and grey weekend. Perfect weather for crafting but sadly a washout for the big events scheduled over the past couple of days. The girls and I battened down the hatches and made cake instead of braving the miserable rain. 

My crafty share today is another take on an earlier card I made featuring the stunning turtle from the From Land to Sea stamp set. I had shown my class ladies my earlier Father's Day Card made in a similar style and they requested I taught it in this month's class. I tried a different combination of colours to create the mottled water effect.


To ink the background I scrunched up my Whisper White layer and then applied the ink pads directly to the cardstock. I used Mint Macaron, Lost Lagoon (used sparingly) and Coastal Cabana. I applied each colour separately using a Stampin' Sponge to blend the colour before it dried too much. If you do each colour one at a time you can add more of the lighter colours to achieve the effect you would like.

To colour my turtles I first stamped in Memento Black and then coloured with my Blender Pens using Old Olive and Garden Green. For the sentiment I used the Happy Birthday from the Circle of Spring stamp set.


While the weather was pretty appalling over the weekend. My sisters and I had some luck when Saturday afternoon brightened up a bit. We had tickets to a concert in Portsmouth in celebration of the America's Cup. It was a lovely bright evening (if a little windy) to enjoy McBusted and celebrate with a Hawaiian shaved ice. It is a rare occasion to get all three of us together due to work commitments. It was a great evening and a fun show.


Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment