Saturday 20 June 2015

Pinkies Annual Catalogue Blog Hop: A From Land to Sea Notecard Trio from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin' Up!® Annual Catalogue. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping!

Welcome to the Isle of Wight and my little part of today's blog hop. Thank you for joining me from Paula's blog. Such a lot of inspiration!

When I first caught a glimpse of the new Annual Catalogue my heart just melted when I saw the From Land to Sea stamp set. Living on an island I understandably love the sea. But I have been a little obsessed with both jellyfish and turtles since I was young (I even remember writing a very lengthy school project on jellies of the oceans!). I couldn't have imagined a more perfect stamp set.

So today's projects are inspired by this fantastic set. I created a trio of 10.5cm square notecards. 



The first of my notecards was inspired by a make I saw on Pinterest which combined the From Land to Sea lighthouse with the swooshes from Work of Art. I love the versatility of Work of Art and how many different backgrounds you can create. My colours for this card are: Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon and Soft Sky.


I so love turtles. I have been lucky enough to snorkel with turtles and I just love their gentle grace. I wanted to recreate the beautiful blues and greens of tropical seas. For this notecard I crumpled a 10cm square of Whisper White and then rubbed my ink pads directly on the surface. I then blended the excess ink with my Stampin' Sponge. I was trying to create the light through water effect with the inked cracks. The colours I used for this card: Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.


The last of my trio features my absolute favourite stamp, the jellyfish. For this card I stamped the image on to a 10cm square piece of Whisper White. I coloured my jelly with blender pens using Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I then stamped the jelly image on to a post-it and created a mask. To finish I sponged Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise and Bermuda Bay ink to create the background. The last detail was doodled stitching (an extra I love adding to my cards and scrapbook pages).


Thank you for joining me today. I am sure this won't be the last time I share projects using these fantastic images so please pop back again soon. Now to continue the hop please continue to Caroline's blog for more creativity and inspiration.

 Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. These are stunning Sarah - especially the turtle card. What an amazing effect with the ink and crumpled cardstock. I have been lucky enough to swim with a turtle too. They are amazing creatures and you have captured the feel of being underwater perfectly! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Sarah. Love that yellyfish one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Favourite has to be the turtles as I love the rich colours you've created so much! I need to visit the seaside... sigh.... Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    I found your blog by hopping through with the blog hop. Your cards are just beautiful and I really like the technique used for the turtle background piece. They are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I enjoyed making these cards and love everything to do with the sea. Thank you for stopping by xx

      Delete