Monday 4 May 2015

By the Tide Origami Shirt Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning and a very Happy Bank Holiday Monday to you. I hope it is sunny wherever you are. It looks to be a lovely day outside here on the Isle of Wight.

We have had a busy weekend full of Birthday celebrations. Friday was my Dad's Birthday and we celebrated with a fun evening of family and chocolate & coffee cake (it was delightful!).

I wanted to share with you the origami shirt card I made for him. My Dad loves shirts with fish all over them so I decided to have a go at recreating one of his shirts using the By The Tide stamp set.


I used this Youtube video to make my base shirt shape (using Pistachio Pudding cardstock). I changed the measurements slightly by using a whole sheet of UK sized A4. I simply followed the same steps as shown in the video. Once I had the folds sorted I then stamped the By The Tide fish in Garden Green.

I hand cut the little pocket and daubered the edges to define the shape (I also added a bit of stitching detail by using my paper piercing tool to make little holes around the edge of the pocket). I finished with Neutrals Buttons (I had to use one extra to cover a slight stamping blip!).


The inside of the folded card looks like this. I used the Age Awareness birthday sentiment to stamp the inside.


To go with this card I created this stack of gift boxes using my Gift Box Punch Board. I created a large, medium and small box from Kraft cardstock which I then covered with Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper. Each box was filled with one of my Dads favourite treats. I tied the whole stack together with a length of ribbon from my stash.


And my Dad's main gift was this wood burnt chopping board. This was my first attempt at using my pyrography tool and I learned a lot about the type of wood that would work best for this kind of intricate design (this wood was very hard and the grain made it very difficult to get a smooth line). But I was still really pleased with it all the same ;0)


So a big thank you for popping by today. I hope you have had a fantastic bank holiday weekend. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. WOW Sarah that chopping board looks amazing, I love the design, bet your Dad was thrilled. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete