Monday 27 April 2015

Serene Silhouettes Card Set from Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning crafters.

How was your weekend? Mine was spent with a head cold which resulted in a lot of things being dropped, a fair few silly accidents and bumps, and one very interesting card class where my fuzzy head meant I didn't make a whole lot of sense trying to teach our projects for the month. But we got there in the end.

I have a set of birthday cards inspired by Serene Silhouettes to share today. I had seen this card on Pinterest and knew it would look lovely with a Stampin' Up! twist. So I set about recreating it using the stamps from Serene Silhouettes as my focus.


The colours I picked were So Saffron, Cajun Craze and Calypso Coral . I used a So Saffron base for two of the cards with a layer of Cajun Craze and the stamping layer was on Whisper White.

I created masks with my circle punches in various sizes. I sponged the colours through my masks to create the coloured backgrounds.

For this first card I created two masked circles and I then heat embossed the butterfly circle with gold embossing powder. I added the greeting from Wetlands and then added pearls and circles of gold ink using a sponge dauber.


This second card more closely resembles the Pinterest card.  I used the silhouetted flower heads stamp over the three masked circles. I heat embossed the silhouette in gold.


And the final card was a more simplified version of the butterfly circle card. This time instead of sponge daubering circles I used the rubber on the end of a pencil to stamp smaller gold circles over the card. I added basic pearls as a final embellishment.


Have you checked out the retiring lists yet? Still some great bargains to be had. Don't forget these items are only available while stocks last.



With a new catalogue just around the corner this is a perfect time to pick up a bargain and say goodbye to some old favourites. There are lots of stamps and accessories on these lists that I love and will be sad to see leave. But then I am super excited to see what the new catalogue has in store too.

Thank you for popping by today. Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop or get in touch directly and I can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. I'd also love to Demo for you and your friends at a crafty party. As the hostess you earn lots of lovely freebies and you all get to make a fun crafty project too (no crafting experience necessary!)

 -XXX-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment