Monday 23 February 2015

Saleabration Big Day Chalkboard Birthday Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning and a very Happy Monday to you all.

Did you have a lovely weekend? What terrible weather we had yesterday! It poured down with rain on the Isle of Wight all day. Looks a bit better out there today. Might try and brave a trip to playgroup while its not raining. Although I did hear a mention of thunder snow on the news this morning. I would LOVE to see that ;0)

Today's crafty make was one of our class projects from Saturday. This card was inspired by a creation over on Nancy's blog. I love this multicoloured chalkboard style technique and the use of bright colours for a fun birthday card.

I started with a 10.5cm x 29.6cm base (scored at 14.8cm). I then cut a piece of the fabulous Stampin' Up! Irresistibly Yours Sale-A-Bration Paper sized 14.3cm x 10cm. I used a Stampin' Sponge to cover the paper in Daffodil Delight ink giving these fab bright stripes as a background.


To create the multicoloured chalkboard I wiped my small piece of Basic Black cardstock with my Embossing Buddy. I then heat embossed the sentiment and cake using White Stampin' Emboss powder. Once cooled you simply colour over your white embossing with whichever Blendabilities markers you would like. I used Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral.

I finished the card with two lengths of ribbon from the Sale-A-Bration Best Year Ever Accessory Pack and a Mini Metallic Clothespin. A lot less complicated than it looks.

Thank you for popping by today. You can find out more about the new Spring Summer Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration promotion by clicking here or by using the navigation menu on the left. This really is the most exciting time of the year to shop. New products and fantastic freebie rewards too. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop (click on the links below to find out more about specific products) or get in touch directly and I  can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. 

-X-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment