Friday 20 February 2015

From The Herd Yo Yo Spinner Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning and welcome to the weekend. As I only work part time my weekend with the girls starts on a Thursday evening. And to celebrate I got 5 minutes in my craft room last night to have a go at creating one of these fab 3d Yo Yo Spinner Cards using the From The Herd stamp set in the Spring Summer catalogue.

I absolutely adore these little farm animals and they are perfect for practising your Blendabilities colouring with.  I deliberately went for a scribbly feel to my colouring with this card. I felt it added to the fun childlike quality. And also scribbly fur for the bison/cow gives a bit of texture too.

I won't go in to the minute details of how to recreate the yo yo spinner as I found this fantastic tutorial over on Splitcoast Stampers that gives you detailed instructions.


All you have to do is pull the thread on the card to make your 3d element (in this case the pigs head) spin around. It is a fun little extra on your card perfect for children or loved ones. The possibilities are endless as to which elements you could make spin from flower heads to sunshine to absolutely anything.












































I thought I would include a close up of the colours of the animals. I used a mix of Skin Tone, Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Deligh, Wild Wasabi and Night of Navy Blendabilities Markers to create my card. It took a little time to colour but I love the childlike scribbly effect. And don't forget if you spend £45 during Sale-A-Bration (ending March 31st) you can pick a set of Blendabilities pens for free!

I hope you have a lovely weekend planned. It  is my monthly card class tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing all my lovely ladies again for another fun afternoon session of crafting.

Thank you for popping by today. You can find out more about the new Spring Summer Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration promotion by clicking here or by using the navigation menu on the left. This really is the most exciting time of the year to shop. New products and fantastic freebie rewards too. 


Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop (or click on the links above to find out more about specific products) or get in touch directly and I  can order them for you to be delivered direct to your door. 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment