Monday 26 January 2015

Wetlands Panel Screen Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning and a very Happy Monday morning to you all.

How was your weekend? Crafty I hope. I had my monthly card class on Saturday which was a lovely return to crafting with friends. It felt like a long time since our last class at the beginning of December. One of my ladies requested a screen card so I had a browse on Pinterest and came across this amazing creation by Jacqueline. I decided to give it a go.

This was a bit of a labour of love for all my class attendees and we got through several thick wedges of post-it notes creating all the masks and inky layers. But I think everyone was happy with their end result.

To create this card we used: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon.

 
I still absolutely love the Wetlands stamp set. I love these bird images and the grasses too. For this card I needed to create a mirror image of the goose image. I vaguely remembered someone telling me you could get a mirror image using a brayer. So I had a go and it worked perfectly. You just need to ink up your stamp and lay it ink side up on the table. Carefully run your brayer over the image and then run your brayer over your cardstock. It is as simple as that! This technique is also perfect for creating reflections in water if you are trying to create ponds/lakes.

You can find out more about the new Spring Summer Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration promotion by clicking here or by using the navigation menu on the left. This really is the most exciting time of the year to shop. New products and fantastic freebie rewards too. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop (or click on the links above or pictures below to find out more about specific products) or get in touch directly and I'll order them for you. You can get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

-XXX-

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't brave enough to use this one for my workshop - did a smaller one instead! Thank you for CASing my card! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to card making and folding. If I wanted to make this card...what are the dimensions regarding scoring and cutting the cardstock? I have both 6"x12" and 24"x24" cardstock.

    ReplyDelete