Thursday 8 January 2015

A Sale-A-Bration 2015 Happy Thing set of cards from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning and a very Happy Thursday to you all. What has your week brought you so far? I returned to work this week following my Sylvie maternity leave. What an adjustment that is. I love the routine of work and of structuring my day. But I also really miss the girls too and our casual days at home. Still today is my final work day of the week so I will have to come up with something fun to do with the girls tomorrow when I am at home with them again.

Today I wanted to show you this pair of cards I made with the gorgeous A Happy Thing Sale-A-Bration freebie stamp set (receive this stamp free with a purchase of £45+). I initially got this stamp set as I loved the little bird stamp and thought he would lend himself to Blendabilities colouring. I had completely overlooked the lemon image until I came across this little picture in my Next catalogue.


I just fell in love with the colour scheme of this little girls dress and knew it would make the perfect starting point for using the little lemon stamp from A Happy Thing.

So here is what I came up with.

I picked Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay as my main cardstock colours and used my Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Blendabilities Markers to blend and shade the lemons.



I created the Bermuda Bay border using my Scallop Edge Border Punch.

After creating my first card I wanted to carry on colouring so decided to create a simply One Sheet Wonder style card. I stamped the lemon image all over my piece of cardstock and then filled the gaps with the 'Love Life' sentiment. I then blended and coloured the leaves and lemons. For this card I used the Blendabilities Colour Lifter marker to give the extra bit of colour definition. I lifted some of the blended yellow on the lemons to have that dimensional feel.


I really enjoyed using the Next catalogue picture as inspiration for my two cards today. I'm now going to keep my eye out for more inspiring images and see what I can come up with.

You can find out more about the new Spring Summer Catalogue and Sale-A-Bration promotion by clicking here or by using the navigation menu on the left. This really is the most exciting time of the year to shop. New products and fantastic freebie rewards too. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about Stampin' Up! or our products. I would love to help. All items can be purchased online via my shop (or click on the links above to find out more about specific products) or get in touch directly and I'll order them for you. You can get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

-XXX-


1 comment: