Wednesday 17 December 2014

Glitter Napkin Robin Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning crafters ;0) And a very happy Wednesday to you (you know what that means? New Weekly Deals over on my website!). Nearly the weekend. And this time next week it'll be Christmas Eve *hooray*

Today's crafty share is a project we created at this month's final Christmas card class. I always get a bit sad packing away my festive stamp sets. But with the new Spring Summer products just around the corner I won't have time to miss Christmas for long.

So this card uses the tissue paper technique that I have seen all over the blogs and internet recently. It is perfect for using those favourite festive napkins to make in to beautiful cards.

I found these robin napkins in a local garden centre and knew my crafty ladies would love them. So I set about designing this card.


To create this card I first cut my card layers (I layered Brushed Gold over a Cherry Cobbler base). I then cut my top layer to layer the napkin on to. I covered the whole piece of cardstock with glue using the Stampin' Up! Transfer Adhesive Sheets. I then carefully pressed the napkin on to the adhesive making sure to position the image to get the whole robin on to the card. I pressed the tissue down to ensure it was completely adhered all over.

Once you have your napkin layer I pressed my Versamark inkpad all over the napkin layer and covered with Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat embossed to give the glitter sheen over the whole image. Once the embossing is set, you have your finished card and can embellish as desired. We created the little banner and stamped with the greeting from the Wondrous Wreath stamp set.

Thank you for popping by today. I'll have another festive creation for you tomorrow. If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party so drop me a line to find out more and get your date in the diary.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment