Wednesday 3 December 2014

December Journal Project Life & Stampin' Up Style from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Thank you for joining me today. Be prepared for a lot of pictures today. I may have gotten a bit over excited about my December scrapbook. For those followers who have been with me over the past 5 years of crafting you will know the highlight of my crafty year is my Christmas Journal.

I look forward to creating my journal all year round. This year I have chosen to simplify my craftiness and work only with my Stampin' Up! Project Life album and Hello December kit. I sometimes get a little overwhelmed with my lovely Christmas stash. So limiting my materials to the cards and accessories kit is making my journalling a simple and quick daily activity.


Here is my front cover. This was CASed from a lovely fellow Demo Samantha. I saw her beautiful front cover using the Hello December Accessory Kit and wanted to give it my own silver and blue spin. It really got my creative juices flowing as I found the layering really inspiring. I inked the wooden Joy with my Encore Silver ink pad and used this as the focus of the cover. I then cut shapes using the Apothecary Accents Framelits from Vellum and the All is Calm Designer Series Paper and layered over silver embossing (the stamps are from the Project Life December Wonder stamp set).

 

Here is my covering page entitled 'Celebrate the Season'. I wanted to use the picture of my girls with their festive outfits as the focus of the page.


And here is my first official day of scrapping. I look a bit merry in this pic. We were having a December 1st Christmas party at my sisters. I promise it was just tea I was drinking *lol*


Previous years I have used Shimelle's JYC prompts as my day to day themes. But this year I decided to use the photo prompts below as my daily focus. I took this pic as my Day 1 'View'. All the Christmas-y things on my sisters party table.


If you are looking for Christmas inspiration. This list is a perfect daily prompt for those days you are stuck:


 If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party so drop me a line to find out more and get your date in the diary.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment