Friday 14 November 2014

Wonderful Wreath Joy Shaker Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Hello lovely crafty friends! It is the weekend. Time to celebrate and get festive. The ads on TV are well and truly Christmasy now so I don't feel bad for spending my weekends making little festive fun things for my girls. I might even have to break open Elf over the weekend and partake of some festive film frolics with a bowl of maple syrup covered spaghetti.

Today's crafty share is a project I CASED from the lovely Kimberly Van Diepen over in the States. I just adored this simple Whisper White layered shaker card the moment I came across it on Pinterest. So I used it as the basis for my creation for my lovely team ladies get together this week.

I cut the 'Joy' using the fab Wonderful Wreath Framelits and then glued a small piece of Window Sheet over the back (a step I initially forgot and then wondered why all my shaker bits fell out the front of the card!! Doh!) to cover the cut out word. 

For the shaker elements I used my Star Confetti Punch to cut lots of little Champagne and Silver Glimmer Paper stars which I then mixed with sequins from the In Color Sequin Assortment.


I surrounded the Joy with Dimensionals to create a seal around the area I wanted to shake. This prevents all the little stars from flying everywhere. It also gives this lovely shadowed raised effect too.

To finish the card I used some of the punched stars, sequins and basic rhinestones to create a little bit of bling and colour on the front of my card.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party so drop me a line to find out more and get your date in the diary.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment