Wednesday 26 November 2014

Stars, Sleighs and Christmas Cheer Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


I was hopping around Pinterest last week (as you do) and came across this amazing card by the very talented Teneale Williams (her blog is a must for some very inspiring ideas and techniques for using SU products). I had to give a Stampin' Sarah spin (I didn't have all the products required for a direct CASE).

I just loved the simplicity and the tone on tone Cherry Cobbler. When it comes to Christmas crafting, you can never have too much Cherry Cobbler I say. It is my number 1 must have for cards and festive creations. So matching my Cherry Cobbler cardstock base with the gorgeous Under the Tree Speciality Paper was a prefect combination (Under the Tree is actually a very thick and sturdy card perfect for Christmas box making!).

I daubered the edges of the Cherry Cobbler layer and then layered my Under the Tree piece with Brushed Gold cardstock. I created the edging with my Scallop Edge Punch from Champagne Glimmer Paper. 

For the main image I cut a star using my Stars Framelits Dies from Crumb Cake cardstock. I stamped the sleigh image from the Holiday Home stamp set in Basic Black and doodled the stitching around the star using my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker. The sentiment and frame is from the Project Life December Wonder stamp set (a perfect addition to any Christmas scrapbookers stamp collection),


The final touch was a little Cherry Cobbler star (punched using the Itty Bitty Accents punch) and some swirly Linen Thread.

I just absolutely love the original and I love my Stampin' Sarah'd version too. I have to say a big thank you to Teneale for the inspiration.

And just before I go, don't forget to check out this weeks fab Weekly Deals by clicking the image below.

Thank you for popping by today. I hope you enjoyed today's crafty festive project. I'll have another project to share tomorrow so please come back to see what else I've been creating.

If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party so drop me a line to find out more and get your date in the diary.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment