Monday 24 November 2014

Pop Up Angels Box Card from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton

Good morning and a very Happy Monday to you.

I hope you have had a very crafty and productive weekend. I have been very busy with my monthly card class as well as making some lovely notes and pressies for my customers and virtual club members. I am particularly proud of my virtual club gifts this month. I will be sharing those little lovelies with you later in the  week.

To celebrate the upcoming festive season I have a whole week of lovely craftiness to share with you every morning this week. My first crafty share is this pop up Angel box card.


I am very partial to punch art and creating little characters using my punches. I had seen a few festive box cards across the blogosphere and I'd also seen a few variations of punch art Angels. I decided to have a go at combining the two.

I just love the festiveness of this little card (which folds down flat for easy posting- although with the pearl embellishments I think it'd be a large letter rate).

I started with a standard A4 base of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. I scored along the long side at 7cm, 14cm, 21cm and 28cm. I then turned and scored at 7cm (and then cut at 15cm). This gives you your basic box shape. You use the scrap piece of card to create the little Z shape tabs that stick inside your box for your pop ups to stick to. For more explanation I used this video by the lovely Monica to help put my base together.


For the decorative layers I used Brushed Gold cardstock and the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack.

My Angels were created using my 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches for the Champagne Glimmer halo (and for the face punched from Very Vanilla). I used the Decorative Label Punch for the body and a retired butterfly die for the Angel wings.

The one bit of stamping on this card was the sentiment taken from The Newborn King stamp set. I used this as the card looked overall like a choir of Angels singing. So I wanted the sentiment to reflect a Christmas carol.


Thank you for popping by today. I hope you enjoyed today's crafty festive project. I'll have projects to share every day this week so please come back to see what else I've been creating.

If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party so drop me a line to find out more and get your date in the diary.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment