Monday 27 October 2014

Holiday Home Halloween Greetings from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton


Good morning and welcome to a Stampin' Sarah! week of Halloween creativity and inspiration to celebrate the festivities. My girls are a bit young still for Trick or Treating, but we will be indulging in a little dressing up and popping around to visit family for a few little treats on Friday.

I spent a very lazy Sunday morning yesterday with a cuppa and a browse of Pinterest. It was while perusing my feed that I came across this card by Melissa Davies. I just fell in love with it so gave it my own Stampin' Sarah spin. And so was born my week of Halloween projects as I loved creating this so much. I will  be back on Wednesday and Friday to share some great Halloween treat ideas and fun gifts.

For this card I used a Pumpkin Pie card base (would you believe this colour is the reason I fell in love with Stampin' Up!? My very first order included a Pumpkin Pie ink pad and pack of card!). I then embossed a second Pumpkin Pie layer with the Filigree Frame Embossing Folder and mounted on to a layer of Rich Razzleberry.


To create the main focal image I started by sponging a 7.5cm square of Whisper White cardstock with Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry ink. I then stamped the spider, bats and trees in Basic Black. I stamped the tall house from the Holiday Home stamp set on to Old Olive card and cut the image out. I stamped the ghost and pumpkin on to a Whisper White scrap and hand cut the little images.

Once all elements were stamped and cut I simply glued and mounted with dimensionals. The final touch was a quick hand cut banner and the Happy Halloween greeting stamped in Tangerine Tango.

Thanks for stopping by today. Please come back later in the week for more Halloween ideas. If you have any questions about today's project or the products I have used, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. You can order online direct through my store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. I also have availability in the next few months for your very own crafty party. Click on the Promotions tab above to see the exclusive hostess promotion running until October 31st.

Happy Crafting
-X

No comments:

Post a Comment