Tuesday 12 August 2014

Sweet Stuff Ballerina Shaker Cards using Stampin' Up! Supplies


I have decided to do something a little different this week. I am going to feature several projects all made with the same stamp set. When I first got my hands on a copy of the new Annual 2014-2015 catalogue my eyes and heart were drawn to the Sweet Stuff stamp set. I just loved the swirly sentiments and cute little images. I knew this would be perfect for crafting for my girls and for adding embellishment to scrapbook pages too.


Despite falling in love with the set and purchasing it in my first order it has remained uninked on my stamping shelves while I prepped lots of fun Christmas projects for my August crafty days. Then I came across this beautiful card on Pinterest and decided to give this lovely little set my attention.

I loved the little shaker frame which match the In Color Sequins perfectly. So I gave the card my own Stampin' Sarah spin changing some of the details of the card but using the same colour scheme and shaker theme.


For this card I used Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana cardstock. I embossed the main Coastal Cabana panel with the Lovely Lace Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I created the centre panel with paper from the Lullaby Designer Series Papers and edged with Crisp Cantaloupe punched with the Scallop Edge Border Punch.

To create the shaker part of the card I used a sandwich of the stamped Whisper White circle with a Shaker Frame and then a 2-3/8" Scalloped Circle on top (the centre was punched with my 1 3/4" Circle Punch and a circle of Window Sheet glued to the back of the scallop circle).  The shaker was filled with In Color Sequins and then embellished with tiny Basic Pearls.


I created a second version of the card using a different colour-way and a smaller shaker frame. 

This is Pistachio Pudding and Calypso Coral with papers from the Gold Soiree Speciality Designer Series Papers. 



Thank you for stopping by today. I have a lovely sparkly 3D project made with the Sweet Stuff stamp set to share with you tomorrow (and there may even be a little sneak peek of a new upcoming product thrown in there too!). So please pop back tomorrow for some more Sweet Stuff inspiration.

Please let me know if you have any questions about these projects. You can get in touch via email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. I'm more than happy to help. All Stampin' Up! products can be ordered through my online store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below. Or get in touch and I'll happily place an order for you.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment