Monday 4 August 2014

Dazzling Diamonds and Stars for a Happy Swirly Birthday

Good morning and a very Happy Monday to you. What a beautiful and sunny start to the week here on the Isle of Wight. 

I have started the day by admiring my lovely tidy and bright garden. I have the first of my Christmas Crafting Days this week and my ladies like to sit and eat their lunch in the garden. Well there wasn't much of a garden to sit in until yesterday. It was all a bit crazy and overgrown. But Sam and his Dad did a lot of work yesterday afternoon and cut down a huge holly tree that had overtaken everything. And now I have a lovely bright (and triple the size) garden. Perfect for enjoying the rest of the summer sunshine with my girls. 



But enough gardening talk. Here is today's crafty make. I had seen this card made by Victoria and just absolutely loved the technique. So simple and a perfect use for the new Stars Decorative Mask from the new catalogue.

I started by daubering White Craft Ink through the mask on to my Crumb Cake card. I then heat set the white ink as it takes a fair while to dry. I then cleaned and dried the mask and repositioned over the white stars but slightly offsetting the mask. I then daubered Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana and Wisteria Wonder ink over the top of the white. This then gives the three tone dimensional effect shown above. So simple but striking. 

I then created the sentiment banner by cutting a strip of Vellum (I love the Stampin' Up! vellum as it is thick and great for stamping and heat embossing) and stamping the Happy Birthday from the new Photopolymer stamp set Age Awareness in Versamark. I then used White Embossing Powder to heat emboss the swirly sentiment and give this bright white result.


To finish I punched a star with the Itty Bitty Accents punch in each of the colours I had inked in (Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder and Coastal Cabana) and layered with a star punched from the fantastic and glittery new Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (I love love love all things sparkly so this is my new favourite glimmer paper!).

Please let me know if you have any questions about this project. I'm more than happy to help. All Stampin' Up! products can be ordered through my online store by clicking the product links above or the pictures below.

The new Autumn Winter catalogue is launching at the end of this month and there are lots of lovely new festive and seasonal stamps and accessories. I have available dates for you to host a Stampin' Up! party (and earn crafty freebies in the process) so please get in touch to find out more: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment