Wednesday 9 July 2014

Vivid Vases and Stampin' Up! Blendabilities


I have been having fun playing with a brand new product from Stampin' Up!, the Blendabilities alcohol markers. I wanted to show these new pens at my new catalogue Open House so came up with this card design using the Vivid Vases stamp.

The Blendabilities are fantastic pens for colouring and blending with in a range of Stampin' Up! toned colours. They work beautifully with our stamped images (stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink) and are completely complimentary and coordinated with our cardstock, ribbons, Designer Series Papers  and embellishments. Click on the Blendabilities image below to see our full range of pens and accessories:



The card I created uses our new 2014-2014 In Colors as its inspiration. I coupled a cardstock base of Hello Honey with papers from the Moonlight Designers Series Paper Stack. As you can see from the top photo I used different colour card bases with different paper designs for a different effect.


We stamped the image from Vivid Vases and then coloured with my Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities to colour the vase bases. I found just through trial and error ways to colour the vases to give the blended effect. It is well worth giving yourself a guilt free sheet of images to colour just to get the hang of it. I am always incredibly tough on myself when using a new technique. But I enjoyed playing with these pens and trying different ways of colouring. In the end I started with the darkest shade first and blended to the lightest. I then coloured the whole vase with the lightest pen to help blend all the colours together.


Please get in touch with any questions or queries or please pop over to my Online Store for more information on all our products. Get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-X-

1 comment: