Thursday 3 July 2014

Cardmaking and crafting classes on the Isle of Wight- Stampin' Up!'s Wetlands Meets Work of Art



Good morning and how are you doing this fine July 3rd morning? Are you enjoying the new Stampin' Up! year so far? What is your new favourite must-have from the new catalogue?

I am still eagerly awaiting my order of new products from the 2014-2015 Catalogue (the first of many over the next 12 months I am sure!). But being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, we were given the opportunity to preorder a certain selection of stamps and accessories before July 1st. I preordered the Work of Art stamp set and set about looking up ideas on Pinterest. I found this incredible card and wanted to give it a go using the fabulous new In Color Lost Lagoon.

I absolutely love the brush strokes of the Work of Art stamp. This brush stamp can be used for so many different cards and I have seen it used beautifully to create a rainbow. I stamped it here first in Crumb Cake. I then cleaned and inked again with Lost Lagoon. I stamped off once on to a piece of scrap paper and then stamped three times on to my Whisper White layer giving this gradually faded effect of the same colour to represent the sea and sky.

I love how this card combines the brand new Work of Art and Lost Lagoon with my old favourite, Wetlands. I stamped the birds from Wetlands in Basic Black to look as if they were skipping through the shallow waters against the sands. 



I finished with the grasses stamped in Crumb Cake and the sentiment taken from Wetlands stamped in Lost Lagoon. I then added three Neutrals Candy Dots to reflect the beach colour scheme.

Thank you for popping by today and I hope you are enjoying flicking through your new copy of the Stampin' Up! Catalogue. If you'd like to have a look online please click here. Or alternatively pop over to my online store to order your products direct.


Let me know if you have any questions and pop back tomorrow for a little more new catalogue craftiness.


Happy Crafting 
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment