Tuesday 22 July 2014

A Belated Chalkboard Stampin' Up! Birthday

Good morning crafty friends. 

How was your weekend? I hope you had a lovely one. It was beautiful sunshine here on the island and we enjoyed spending some time together with the family. Saturday was my card class and Summer loves chatting to all my lovely ladies in attendance. However, when she got home from her afternoon with Nana and Papa she zonked out on the sofa so missed her usual monthly crafty gossip (in a 2 year olds jibber jabber). But her nap meant she was fully energised for Saturday evening's carnival. She loved dancing and marching along with the marching bands and floats. 


But back to crafting. It was one of my lovely crafty friends birthday at the beginning of July. She celebrated on Friday evening and I made this chalkboard card for her. It was inspired by this post. Wendy is a teacher so this chalkboard made a perfect birthday card for her.

To create this I used Hardwood stamped on the 1cm lengths of Crumb Cake in Soft Suede ink (the card uses 4 x (14cm x 1cm) lengths and 4 (7cm x 1cm) lengths).  I then mounted these lengths on to a piece of Basic Black measuring 28cm x 9cm (scored in the centre at 14cm). Once my basic chalkboard was created I then decorated with the cake image from Sketched Birthday which I heat embossed with White Embossing Powder. I used the sentiment and star stamp from Something to Say. To finish I coloured and embellished with my White Stampin' Chalk Marker. The chalk marks on the black cardstock were created by over zealously patting with my Embossing Buddy.



Here is a little peek at my weekend. Summer loves Despicable Me and the 'Ah Ahs' (her word for banana which she associates with the Minions due to the Banana Song she has watched many times on Youtube). We treated her to a helium balloon at the Carnival which she proudly walked around with all evening.


Thank you for stopping by today and sharing in a little crafty creativity. If you'd like any further information about the project, please get in touch.

All products can be ordered direct with me or via my Online StorePlease get in touch with any questions or queries about Stampin' Up! or please pop over to my Online Store for more information on all our products. Get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment