Wednesday 16 July 2014

70th Birthday Perfect Peacock, Blendabilities and Gold Sequins from Stampin' Up!


Good morning crafty friends.

I hope your week is going well and you are enjoying the summer sunshine. The weather is beautiful on the Isle of Wight and Summer, Sylvie and I have been enjoying our summer strolls. 

I have just about managed to fit in some crafting over the past few days getting ready for this weekends craft class at my home. I also sat down to create a very special 70th Birthday card for a crafty friend of mine who is celebrating her special birthday next week.

My favourite stamp from the new catalogue is the Perfect Peacock. I fell in love with this stamp the first time I opened the catalogue. I knew it would make a beautiful feature for this card. I have stamped the image using Memento Black ink on to a 14cm square of Whisper White. I then coloured with my Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities Markers. I embellished the feathers with Gold Sequin Trim. For the sentiment I used Memorable Moments stamped in Island Indigo and Gold Encore Metallic Ink.

Card layers: 

Coastal Cabana: 14.8cm x 29.6cm (scored at 14.8cm)
Island Indigo:        14.6cm x 14.6cm
Real Red:             14.4cm x 14.4cm
Whisper White:    14cm x 14cm


And to all those who may be wondering how the weigh in went yesterday, half a pound down *phew*. This week I am definitely back on plan to get me my 1 stone award next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I am going to resist the urge to treat myself to a Caramel Macchiato anytime soon.

Please get in touch with any questions or queries about Stampin' Up! or please pop over to my Online Store for more information on all our products. Get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment