Tuesday 13 May 2014

Floral Frames Treat Box from Stampin' Up! UK Demonstrator Sarah Poulton



Good morning and  welcome to another crafty week here at Stampin' Sarah! Sorry for the day late blog post but, excitingly, I have signed up with another direct sales company over the weekend to run alongside my Stampin' Up! business. I have been busily getting everything together for my new venture. But more about that later. Back to today's crafty share.

I had seen these beautiful little rose treat holders somewhere in the blogosphere. I fell in love with them. But the description only said they were made with the Floral Frames Framelits with no instructions. So after a few frustrating attempts at working out how these are made I came up with these picture instructions to help you create these for yourself. They are perfect for fitting one of these lovely (and addictive) Lindor Chocolates in.

I have used the largest two Floral Frames Framelits to make the layered boxes and then the next size down (with the rounded petals) for the base.

These are the component parts you will need to make your rose treat holder:


This is how the flowers need to be scored (you need to do this with both floral die cuts). I have also inked and curled the edges (as shown in the pictures) in a contrasting colour to give that edged rose effect.


You then need to fold the tabbed (uninked) bits inside to create two little boxes as below. 


I have then layered 4 Dimensionals on top of one another on the bottom of the smallest box (to raise it up and give the layered petals of a rose) and stuck this inside the larger box. You can then stick both boxes on to your inked green floral base.


Here is the finished rose box made with Daffodil Delight, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding cardstock.


Here are my two sample boxes together (the other one is made from two layers of Rose Red cardstock with a Garden Green base.


These are super simple and effective to make. If you have any questions or if the pictures aren't clear at all, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk and I'll happily answer your questions ;0)

You can order any of the Stampin' Up! products through my online store by clicking here or by clicking any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist. And don't forget if you order £60 of products you can choose a photopolymer stamp set for free. See this post for more info.

Happy Crafting
-X-

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Such a cute idea!! I am off to pin this to make later. Thanks for the photo directions. I am such a visual learner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindee for popping by and leaving a comment. Love knowing people are reading my blog. I hope you enjoy making these. They are really simple and so lovely. Hope the instructions are clear enough xx

      Delete
  2. I love this little box. I'm going to make some. I have used the spiral flower die to make a flower with a chocolate kiss in the center but this one will allow a much bigger piece of candy. Thanks for the great directions.
    Sue Erickson
    www.soggystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! This will be on my inspiration blog post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete