Friday 25 April 2014

Wetlands Birthday Greetings

Good morning all. Hooray for Friday (my favourite day of the week!). Have you got exciting plans for the weekend? I am looking forward to my monthly card class tomorrow. I've had a bit of a 'new baby break' and this is my first class post-Sylvie. Really looking forward to seeing all my crafty ladies again. I've got some lovely projects lined up for us all to make that I will be sharing with you all next week.

Today's crafty make is a project I cased from Dawn Griffiths for my Island Inkers team get together this week. I needed a quick and simple make that was easy to prep as I didn't have a great deal of time to get things ready (unfortunately kiddies don't sleep on demand!).


I love the simplicity of this card. Masking is one of my favourite stamping techniques. I find stamping on to a Post-It and creating my mask relaxing. And I love the effect of stamping over the mask to create a layered image with multiple stamps. Masking allows you to use multiple stamps/stamp sets to create lovely multi-coloured and multi-layered images.

The colour scheme for this card is Basic Black, Smoky Slate and Very Vanilla (with a touch of Old Olive for the stamped grass). The image and sentiment are from the Wetlands stamp set. The background is one of my new favourite stamps, Hardwood. The button is from the Neutrals Designer Buttons collection and I used a length of Linen Thread to tie the bow.

Have you noticed the crafty blooper? I accidentally coloured the goose legs green while I was using my Stampin' Write markers to colour the stamp. I had to colour over the legs once stamped with Basic Black (hence the slightly darker colour tone). 

And just a quick reminder to check out this week's Weekly Deals. I still have my eye on the Stampin' Write markers New Colour Kit. What a bargain! Click on the picture below to see what other items are reduced for a limited time only (you only have till Tuesday to take advantage of this FAB deal). 


You can order all Stampin' Up! products through my online store by click here or by clicking on any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.

Happy Crafting
-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment