Friday 4 April 2014

Creme Egg Flower Treats


Good morning all. How has your week been? A good one I hope. Time with a newborn just flies by. I cannot believe Sylvie is 3 and a half weeks already. And time is flying by and I don't seem to be getting anything massively productive done. But I don't mind as Sam goes back to work next week so we have just been enjoying family time and picnics in the campervan.

Today's crafty project is inspired by a fab project I saw on Sam Donald's blog. I love the simplicity of using the Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Elegant Eggplant cardstock and ribbon to compliment the colours of the Creme Egg wrapping. I created these little Creme Egg treats to include with my Hostess Club orders to wish my lovely ladies a very Happy Easter.

I love the use of the Spiral Flower Die to create this three layered flower base for a Cadbury's Creme Egg. I simply layered the three colours together and rolled the flower with all three spirals together at once. I secured the flower (leaving a wide enough centre space to glue dot the egg in place) with my hot glue gun to give a sturdy and solid base. I then placed each Creme Egg flower in to a Medium Cello Bag and tied with a length of Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (this Stitched Grosgrain is also available in Real Red. I didn't realise when I created this project that the red ribbon I had used is now retired!).



To finish I punched three miniature flower shapes using my Itty Bitty Punch Pack and embellished with a tiny Basic Pearl.

If you'd like to find out more about joining my Hostess Virtual Club please see the 'Virtual Club' tab at the top of the page. I have a new Club starting this month and I would love to welcome you with an extra special homemade welcome gift. If you'd like more info or to sign up, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. 

Thanks for popping by today and hope you all have a lovely crafty weekend.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment