Tuesday 8 April 2014

Blessed Easter Paper Piecing

Good morning and a very Happy Tuesday to you all.

Sorry about the late posting this week. I flat out came to a creative standstill with projects to post to my blog over the weekend. I just haven't had a spare minute to create new projects. And time just ran away with me over the weekend. It was our last weekend with Sam home as he has returned to work today so we spent it doing fun family things. Oh and I did a spot of Ebaying on Sunday too to raise funds for our family holiday in the summer.

Yesterday I took charge of the situation and spent  a couple of hours in my craft room accompanied by Pinterest and BBC Iplayer and created some lovely projects to share with you over the next week.

Today's card was created for a friend as an Easter card. It is her little boy's first birthday in a few weeks so I am going to be posting a parcel with a birthday gift and a little Easter treat. I wanted a little note card to put in with the parcel too. I found this card on Pinterest and loved the paper piecing of the Blessed Easter stamp so decided to give it a go with a Stampin' Sarah spin.


This is my version of the paper pieced Easter Blessings. I love the simplicity and the white space focusing on the beautiful tulip image.

I used 4 designs from the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack to create this finished image. I stamped the tulips in Basic Black 5 times (once on the Whisper White card layer and then on to each of the 4 patterned papers). I then carefully cut each element from the patterned paper using my super sharp Paper Snips (perfect for fussy cutting and cutting detailed images) and glued with Tombow to the original image stamped on to the white card layer.

To finish I stamped the sentiment from the My Friend stamp set using Jet Black Stazon (quick drying and smudge resistant) on to a pennant I'd cut from Stampin'  Up! high quality thick Vellum. I secured with a glue dot under the button so the adhesive would not show through the vellum. I used a button in Real Red to highlight the colour in the Fresh Prints paper. 

Thank you for stopping by today. Don't forget all products can be purchased directly from my online store. You can click on each product link within the main text above and you'll be connected straight through to my store and each product used.

Please pop back again tomorrow for some exciting news from Stampin' Up! as well as another crafty project to share. In the mean time, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 with any questions.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment