Wednesday 30 April 2014

Hardwood Garden Gate Card


Good morning and a very Happy Hump Day! I love Wednesdays as it means you are nearly at the weekend (and Grimm is on too which is always something worth looking forward to!).

Great news! Weekly Deals have been extended through May. Today's deals feature some great products. I especially love the Pop n' Cuts inserts (to be used with the Pop N' Cuts base). Pop over to my online store by clicking here or on the picture below to check this weeks deals.


So on to today's crafty project. I wanted to make a special 'Showstopper' special card for my first card class back after my maternity leave. I had seen a similar creation on Pinterest designed to showcase a packet of garden seeds as a gift style card. This type of card is one of my absolute favourites, one that incorporates a gift as an integral part of the card. And this card also gave me an excuse to break out the Bird Punch again. I haven't used this punch in an absolute age.

Here is the inside of the card:


The colour scheme for this card is Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party and Naturals Ivory (for the garden gate). The gate is stamped using the Hardwood background stamp in Chocolate Chip (and edges daubered with Crumb Cake). I secured the gate with Sticky Strip and then stuck Candy Dots to represent the gate hinges.


To embellish I created a robin with the Bird Punch. I punched the body from Crumb Cake, wing from Chocolate Chip and the breast was daubered with Cherry Cobbler. The flower was punched with the Boho Blossoms punch (and finished with a Bright Candy Dot).

Thank you for popping by today. You can order all Stampin' Up! products through my online store by click here or by clicking on any of the product links above. I will also happily order any products for you. Just drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 and I'll happily assist.

Happy Crafting
-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment