Monday 24 March 2014

Easter Basket Surprise Gift Box


Good morning and a very Happy Monday to you all. How is the weather in your part of the world? We have lovely bright sunshine here on the Isle of Wight (interspersed over the weekend with some serious hail stones!) so have made the most of it by taking the girls out to the park and to the beach. Sylvie doesn't seem to appreciate it quite as much as Summer does just yet as she continues to mainly sleep her days away (but I am not taking this for granted! Sam and I are both enjoying this quiet phase before we have two loud littlies running around the house).

Today's crafty project is a lovely little surprise Easter Basket. The surprise comes when you take the lid off and open the basket to reveal the contents. I found the template for this basket over on Tanya Bell's blog, a very talented Australian Demo. I recommend checking out some of her fantastic tutorials as she has some great 3D item ideas.


Here is the lid off. The lid is decorated using the Floral Fusion Sizzlits Die which is one of my current favourites for Easter. I love how all the flowers fit together in lovely layers. I secured the handle with a Candy Dot Brad Base and a Subtles Candy Dot.


Here is the basket completely opened out. See what I mean by an Easter surprise? I absolutely love this project and the simplicity of creating a little garden within to hold a mini Lindt gold rabbit. I made this one and have tucked it away as an Easter gift for Summer.

To create the grass around the rabbit I used my fantastic new Fringe Scissors. I was a bit hesitant to invest in them to begin with but now I am hooked on using them to create grass borders, perfect for Easter and Spring projects.



A close up on my favourite detail, the choccie rabbit surrounded by daisies created using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and the Heart/Beak from the Owl Punch. The stamping around the edges uses the Heart and Flower stamps within the Banner Blast stamp set (for 7 more days you can get this stamp set for FREE with an order of £45 or more as part of Sale-A-Bration!! Click here for more info).


The colours I have used for this project are:

Chocolate Chip
Crisp Cantaloupe
Crumb Cake
Melon Mambo
Pink Pirouette
Pistachio Pudding
So Saffron
Whisper White

Embellishments:

Subtles & Brights Candy Dots
Subtles & Brights Designer Buttons
Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Stretch Trim

Punches:

Itty Bitty Punch Pack
Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
Owl Builder Punch

Other:

Floral Fusions Sizzlits Die
Fringe Scissors
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Banner Blast Stamp Set (free with an order of £45 placed before March 31st)



You can find all the products you need for this project through my online store.

If you click here or on the picture above you will be connected straight through to my store where you can browse all Stampin' Up!'s current products. It will take you to the Sale-A-Bration page for details of our current promotion (only one week left to take advantage!!!)

If you'd like to find out more about Sale-A-Bration, please pop by my 'Promotions' tab at the top or drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. Sale-A-Bration is the best time of the year for ordering Stampin' Up! products. Who doesn't love a good freebie? 

Happy Crafting
-X-

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I have a few Easter goodies 'squirreled' away, for Erin's Easter egg hunt....which has become an annual event. Look forward to trying this out, to hide her bunny in! Thanks Sarah x

    ReplyDelete