Wednesday 26 February 2014

Gingham Garden Washi Wednesday

Hello lovely crafty readers.

How is your week going? Can you believe there are only a few days left of February left? Where is 2014 disappearing too? Not that I'll be sad to see Spring and Summer and an improvement in our weather.

And speaking of better weather and Spring around the corner, today's washi tape creation was inspired by a sunny day over the weekend. Seeing the sunshine breaking through the clouds made me want to create something bold and bright to match the sky.


For this card I used Melon Mambo and Whisper White layered and punched with the Blossom Punch, Pansy Punch & Petite Petals Punch. I picked these three punches as I loved the decreasing sizes and how well they all worked together.

To create the background I stuck strips of Gingham Garden Washi Tape (a bargain at £4.50 for the three colour designs) randomly so they would show through the floral windows. To finish the card I picked three fab Brights Designer Buttons from my pack and tied with Bakers Twine. The sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners was stamped in Melon Mambo, hand cut and then blinged a little bit with Basic Rhinestones.

I love the simple effect of washi tape through punched windows. You could easily customise this with any punch shape or washi design for any occasion. I don't really need any excuse to break open a pack of washi tape though. I just love it and use it most crafty sessions.


Thanks for stopping by today and please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249 with any Stampin' Up! questions, to place an order, find out about joining my team or hosting a party. I'm only too happy to chat craftiness or stamping.

Happy Crafting
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment