Sunday 1 December 2013

Stampin' Up! UK Favour Tin Advent Calendar

Happy December 1st to all my lovely blog readers and followers!

Let the festivities begin. I love December 1st as it symbolizes the official beginning of my Christmas celebrations. I have refused to watch Christmas films or click on the Christmas CDs. But from today, it is all fair game. And I should probably warn you (and my neighbours!) I did find the Muppet Christmas Carol soundtrack on offer in Tesco yesterday. That will be my festivity music of choice for the foreseeable future I am sure.

So with December 1st brings lots of traditions including my annual Christmas scrapbook album which I complete with prompts and ideas from Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class. This years album is suffering a slight delay due to a customs hold up. I purchased a lovely kit of bits from the US but it has yet to arrive so I'll probably have a mad catch up once everything arrives (I realise a kit is sort of cheating but with my time constraints with Summer and Bump, I tend to prefer stash restricted crafting for this annual project. It means I don't spend 3 hours deliberating over papers or embellishments and just get on and make something every day).

Anyways, enough of my chatter. I was talking about traditions and the date. Here is a new creation, and something I intend to make in to a new family tradition, my favour tin Advent Calendar. I have seen so many lovely examples of these on Pinterest and purchased all the tins in time for last Christmas. But I never actually had the time to sit down and create the bones of the calendar itself.

So yesterday, with a little help from my Mum, I actually set about creating:


 The calendar itself is made from a baking tray, some fancy Designer Series Paper (the spotty design is from Stampin' Up!'s Season of Style DSP) and 24 wedding favour tins (I found mine on Ebay). I punched circles in Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake and layered these with slightly smaller circles punched from the Season of Style DSP. I then used glittery Mod Podge to seal these circles into the inside of the tin lids (which have a pre cut and fitted thick acetate window lid).

I then stamped all 24 images from the sadly now retired 25 and Counting stamp set and punched with my square punch to layer on to the top of each tin. Now, while the stamp set itself may be retired, it is still very much available to use within My Digital Studio. Another of the great perks of using our MDS software, stamp sets never retire! You can find more info on purchasing these images through MDS here. To finish I glue gunned magnets to the back of each tin to ensure the tins stay put against the baking tray.

 Here is today's tin filled with a little chocolate-y treat for Summer:


And here is the little girl herself (complete with fancy Christmas jumper) finding her way in to today's tin:


A closer look at some of the stamped number images:


I had such fun creating this project and I am glad I made the time to create my calendar in time for December 1st. I have plans to add details to this calendar year on year to make it a living activity as Summer grows. I have plans for added embellishments and Christmas activity inserts as well as sparkle and glitter. Hopefully along the way Summer will be interested in joining in and adding her own little touches too. 

So I say again, Happy December 1st to you all and I hope you liked today's creative share. I look forward to being able to share the calendars evolution year on year ;0)

Thanks for popping by today. Please say hello and leave a comment. I have set myself a target to find new blogs to read throughout December with some creative makings, so leave me a comment and I'd love to stop by and say hello.

And if you'd like to find out more about any of the Stampin' Up! products used for today's creation please drop me a line on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. Or alternatively pop by my online store which you can find here:


Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-


No comments:

Post a Comment