Monday 16 December 2013

Stampin' Up! UK Bow Die Angel Card



Good morning and a very Happy December 16th. Christmas is coming around so fast. I cannot believe its only next week now. I hope you had a lovely crafty weekend filled with lots of fun festive things.

This weekend I hosted my final card class for 2013. I had my regular ladies come along as well as welcoming a new face to my special Christmas-y class too. I designed 4 projects for us to make all with a special Christmas theme but would be fun to take away for last minute cards and gifts.

The photo above shows all the projects we made on Saturday but today I am going to focus on my favourite project of the afternoon in more detail, the Gift Bow Die Angel card.


I had seen lots of variations of this Angel on Pinterest and fell in love with the idea of using the Stampin' Up! Gift Bow Biqz L Die to create one of my own. The problem was I had already prepped the Christmas Cracker as our 3D item for the class. So I needed to find a way of making the Angel in to a card. The solution was to use the largest of the Ovals Framelits to create a window in a large card (one piece of A4 folded in half). I used a Very Vanilla cardstock base and then cut a slightly smaller (14.3cm x 20cm) piece of predominantly Cherry Cobbler coloured Season of Style DSP which I stuck to the front before sending through my Big Shot with the Oval Framelit sandwiched in the middle so it only cut through the front of the card).

To create the Angel herself I used: Brushed Gold Cardstock for the wings, Vellum Cardstock for the dress embossed with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder. All of these elements were cut using the Stampin' Up! Gift Bow Bigz Die and positioned and stuck together to form the basic shape of the Angel. For her face I used a punched circle of Pink Pirouette Cardstock then created a halo using two circle punches and some beautiful sparkly Champagne Glimmer Paper. I finished by drawing eyelashes using a Black Stampin' Write marker and punching a small scallop circle from Glimmer Paper and fixing this to the body using an Antique Brad.

We then used some gold elastic from my stash to create a hanging loop which we attached inside the card using a small length of Season of Style Washi Tape. This allows the Angel to easily be removed to hang on the tree or use as a decoration around the home. I wanted the Angel to be a detachable part of the card so that she has multiple uses (not just as a card feature).

The final element was the greeting which was stamped from More Merry Messages stamp set and layered using the Apothecary Accents Framelits.

Please get in touch if there is any other info I can offer to assist in creating these lovely Angel decorations. I am only too happy to help. I have created links to my online store where you see the products highlighted above. You can link through to my store for further info on each of the products I have used or to purchase these directly for your own festive creations. And remember, today is the last day for guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery of all Stampin' Up! Products.

Any questions, you can contact me on: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Thanks for stopping by today and happy festive crafting.
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment