Friday 22 November 2013

Stampin' Up! UK Convention Swap Special


Convention is here!! Woohoo! Hopefully as you read this I will be getting ready for my first full day of Convention fun (and *fingers crossed* a few sneak peaks of upcoming new products!)

Today I wanted to share the swaps I created for my fellow Demonstrators. It is one of the highlights of Stampin' Up! events, creating a unique card or creation, to swap with other Demonstrators. It is a brilliant way to gather new ideas and meet new people.

The picture above shows my swap box full with 90 swaps ready to meet new homes in Manchester. For this years main swap I created a fridge magnet inspired by a creation on Pinterest. For this you just need a pretty patterned paper (which Stampin' Up! has in plentiful supply) and those glass beads/pebbles you find with the candles and vases in the supermarket or garden centre (I found mine in Tesco!). I purchased some super strong magnets from Ebay and borrowed my Mum's glue gun.


I used the Blossom and Pansy punches with the Gingham Garden and Winter Frost Designer Series Paper to create these layered fridge magnets. The centre pebble pulls away to be used to hold papers or photos on your fridge.

The following pics give a bit closer view of the designs.


While I was in the swap creating mood I decided to make 50 separate swaps for the larger team I am a part of, the Pinkies. I had a bit of a brainwave and sent my sister, on one of her work trips to London, to the M&M store to purchase a HUGE bag of Pink M&Ms. 


I used the M&Ms with Stampin' Up!'s thin cello bags to create these little sweetie treat swaps. I am so looking forward to getting together with the Pinkies and meeting all the new faces and chatting to all the friends I have made since joining SU 4 years ago.


I hope you've enjoyed my swap shares today. I'll be back from my Convention adventures over the weekend and look forward to sharing lots of pictures of all our crafty antics. 

Pop back Monday for an update and news from Convention.

Happy Crafting and have a lovely weekend ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment