Tuesday 19 November 2013

Stampin' Up! UK 3D Christmas Star Card


Morning all and welcome to day two of my festive makes week. I have so many projects waiting to be shared with you that it is lovely to be back blogging daily on the lead up to the crafty highlight of my year, Stampin' Up! Convention. An event for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around Europe to gather, share and create. It is always incredibly inspiring and we are only two days away from the fun in Manchester kicking off.

So today's project uses the fab new single stamp from Stampin' Up!, the Christmas Star. I taught this card as the final quick make in my October card class. I wanted to illustrate how quick and easy it is to make a card with a bit of 3D dimension using this lovely (and economical!) single stamp. We inked the stamp in Real Red and stamped the image. After cutting around the star image I showed my ladies how to score along the white lines on the star image and then fold the star to create 3D popped up image. To maintain this dimension on the card front we stacked up 5 Dimensionals on top of one another and mounted these on the back of the star image (centrally).


This picture gives a bit better perspective on how the star stands up from the card.

To finish the card we used a strip of Season of Style Designer Series Paper coupled with a fine strip of Red Glimmer Paper. The greeting is from the Wishing You stamp set.


I have included links to the products used for today's project either by clicking on the photos or the direct links above. If you place an online order for any Stampin' Up! products through my online store remember to add the code below and I will add your name to the draw to win the hostess benefits for the month's combined orders (with a minimum of £25 in hostess freebies):

V99TUSS2

Please get in touch if you have any questions about today's project or about placing an order or about Stampin' Up! in general. You can contact me on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting & pop back tomorrow for more festive makings.

-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment