Saturday 10 August 2013

A couple of quick cards for the weekend

 

Good morning crafters!

It looks to be a lovely weekend here on the Isle of Wight. The sun is out and shining (and its only 7am!).

I was going through some files on my computer this morning and found a couple of cards I haven't yet shared with you. I am currently buried in Christmas preparation for my big all day Christmas Day next weekend so new projects are top secret for a little longer.

The first share today is a 'Thinking of You' card I made for a friend recently who had some sad news. I have had the Stampin' Up! Hopeful Thoughts stamp set sat in my stamping cupboard for a little while and never inked it up. It is such a lovely stamp set for creating those sadly essential sympathy or get well soon cards. I created the card above using a Stampin' Up! Naturals Ivory cardstock base and then layering with (now retired) DSP. I then coloured directly on to the tree stamp with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip and created the two tone inked image. I finished the card by layering this on to an Old Olive layer and creating the floral embellishments with my Itty Bitty Shapes floral punch and Rich Razzleberry (topped with Basic Pearls).

The second card is a beautiful layered card one of my downline designed for a recent shoebox swap. It uses a scored Perfect Plum base which we then sponged over with the same tone ink to give a suede effect. We then layered Whisper White cardstock cut with the Adorning Accents Edgelits (and embossed with the matching folder) and ruffled Organza Ribbon. We punched Whisper White butterflies and raised these with dimensionals. The final detail was to add Basic Pearls to the scored lines and the three butterflies.

Thanks for popping by this morning. I hope you have a lovely crafty weekend planned wherever you are in the country. I'm off to have a bit of breakfast and dive back in to all my Christmas-y preparation. Projects to be shared very soon ;0)

Please get in touch for more info on Stampin' Up! or to find out about signing up as a Demonstrator yourself or hosting a Stampin' Up! party.

Happy crafting 
-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment