Tuesday 16 July 2013

In Colour scrapbooking: Life's a Breeze

Good morning and welcome to a new stamping crafty week here at Stampin' Sarah!

I finally got the chance to sit down and do a bit of scrapbooking last night. I am planning some projects for this month's scrapbooking class (Wednesday 17th 7pm). Here is one of the pages I created last night. Three of my scrapping ladies are mainly scrapping cruise photos so I was looking to create something that would be suitable for summer-y photos as well as fitting a cruise theme also.

For this I used a Very Vanilla 12"x12" base card coupled with Bermuda Bay & Coastal Cabana accessories. The patterned DSP is from the 2013-2015 In Colour Paper Stack, the label is cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelits from Coastal Cabana Coredinations card, and the button embellishment is from the In Color Boutique Details (fab! Page 169).

I created the background using a post it note and cutting a cloud shape from it. I then used a sponge and Soft Sky ink to sponge around the edges of the cloud mask. I did this all around the page to create the cloud effect.

The stamping is the globe from The Open Sea and the Cotton Ribbon is stamped using Burnt Brown Sugar and the compass from the same stamp set.

I am absolutely in love with all our new Stampin' Up! colours, especially the new In Colors, and loved using the blues to create this page.

If you'd like to find out more about the products or find out more about my classes or placing an order, please get in touch either via email: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or phone: 01983 609249.

Thanks for popping by today and happy Tuesday crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment