Tuesday 5 February 2013

Try It Tuesday: A Very Jubilee Tea Party

Just a quick thank you to all who popped by my Open House on Saturday. Summer drew the prize for me and she picked the winner of the lovely Stampin' Up! product bundle as.... Angie Pay. Well done Angie and thank you again to all who popped by for a bit of Spring Summer craftiness.
 

Here is this weeks sketch inspired page. I found a sketch I wanted to try on Pinterest which is designed for a rectangular layout. I decided to use this sketch as my inspiration and resize it for 12x12.
My page focuses on our Jubilee celebration tea party last summer. I wanted to capture the details of the day (and all my sisters hard work in preparing the cakes and decorations!). I am not usually one for scrapbooking pages without people in. But I often see pages devoted to tv shows or films or things someone loves in the moment and I think they are brilliant. I often get caught up in only scrapping people but sometimes it is nice to capture the context too. I have previously scrapbooked the Jubilee weekend for Summer's album so it was nice to capture a different angle for my own album.
 
I would have liked to have incorporated flags or bunting onto my layout but decided anymore embellishment would have made it too busy. I love the simplistic embellishments made using the Rosette Bigz Die (created to fit with the red, white and blue theme). And if I am honest, I created the whole page to use my lovely new Paper Doilies and Tea Time Trinkets charms from the Spring Summer Catalogue.
 
Page uses:
Cardstock: Whisper White 12x12, Pacific Point & Red Glimmer Paper
DSP: Summer Smooches
Embellishments: Rosette Die, Brights Buttons, Paper Doilies & Tea Time Trinkets
Ribbon: Real Red 3.2mm Taffeta Ribbon, Midnight Muse 1cm Stitched Satin Ribbon
Other: Labels Collection Framelits
 
If you have any questions about my page, the products used or if you'd like to find out more about my current 'Win A Big Shot!' promotion, please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.
 
Thanks for popping by today and happy crafting
 
-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment