Thursday 21 February 2013

Thursday Technique: Emboss Resist on Canvas

 
This is a card I taught at my recent February Card Class. This was our new technique for the month. We used a piece of the new Canvas Creations cut using the Labels Framelits. This is a variation on the Emboss Resist technique using canvas as the base material.
 
Here is a close up of the embossing technique.

To recreate this you need to emboss your chosen image in white or clear embossing powder (dependin on the effect you are looking for) on to the canvas. I embossed this lovely floral image from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set.

Once you have heat embossed your image (warning, this may take slightly longer due to the canvas. Instead of a raised embossed image you will find the powder is soaked in to the canvas instead) you can start sponging your ink in to the canvas to make the image pop. I chose Raspberry Ripple, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight for my three 'sunset' style colours. If you are quite heavy handed with your sponging you will find your embossed image pops out from the background. The lighter you ink the less contrast there is with the embossing.
 
I love this textured image and how the inking reveals the embossed image. It is a great technique to try if, like me, you enjoy using your heat tool and embossing powders.
 
Thanks for popping by today.
-X-



No comments:

Post a Comment