Thursday 28 February 2013

Inking Embellishment Techniques

Welcome to my Thursday embellishment feature.
 
This week was my monthly team get together. I love the variety in all our crafting styles and getting together to do a shoebox swap to try out new techniques and crafting styles. The two cards I made this week are perfect for sharing as an embellishment feature.

This first card was Sandy's design. We used one of the fabulous Paper Daisies and inked it with a dauber to match the Coredinations embossed background (embossed with the Fancy Fan folder). I use these Daisies a great deal in my crafting. They are perfect to stamp on or ink to match your card or scrapbooking page. I love simple matching solutions as not having perfectly matching embellishments is a crafting bugbear of mine.
 
 
 This second card was designed by Charlotte and uses her favourite messy crafting technique of inking and spraying. I have always been a bit hesitant to try spraying as it seems to imprecise. I am, by definition, a straight lines and precise crafter. However, seeing Charlotte's lovely results I am daring myself to push my boundaries a bit (see the spraying on Tuesdays post as an example!). Inking and spraying is a fab embellishment technique (which could even be used in conjunction with the paper daisies above) as again it creates a perfectly matching background or feature. To create these sprays Charlotte has mixed water with the various Stampin' Up! reinkers in a Stampin' Spritzer and you simply spray your cardstock. Once dried you can stamp your images over the top (for this card
we used Flowering Flourishes with Papillon Potpourri).
I love both of these cards and I love trying out new techniques. If you'd like to find out more about joining my team and getting started with Stampin' Up! please get in touch or read more here.

And don't forget there is less than a month left to place your Sale-A-Bration orders. I have a few dates left for your Sale-A-Bration workshops so get in touch to book a date (poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249).
 
-XXX-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment