Wednesday 9 January 2013

Welcome to 2013

Well what a lot of lovely new offers and products from Stampin' Up! The 25th year anniversary is already shaping up to be a great one. Lots more news to come in the upcoming weeks but in the mean time get in touch to make the most of the fantastic Valentines promotion I outlined in my last post (more info here).

Now for a bit of New Year crafting. Over the festive period there were a grand total of 4 babies born in and around my circle of friends (with a further few due in January!)- Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. So I have been busy making Congratulatory New Baby cards. The first of which below is for my downline Lorraine (check out her blog here) whose little boy I cannot wait to meet. Due to time restrictions over the festive period I had a quick look on Splitcoast Stampers for a little inspiration and found this fabulous card by Amanda Mertz in the USA. I knew I wanted to stamp with the perfect Two By Two A La Carte stamp from the Annual Catalogue. This was the first stamp I purchased on the release of the new catalogue as it stood out as just so lovely.

I decided to stamp a series of the main image on to Whisper White and make several similar cards. I coloured the image with my Watercolour Pencils and blended with a blender pen and then cut each image using my Window Framelits.

 The Soft Suede card base is embossed with the Woodgrain folder and the strips of DSP are from the Orchard Harvest & Howlstooth and Scaringbone collections.
This second card was a larger square version without the embossing and with wider DSP strips. This is to celebrate my friends Natalie and Will's new arrival on New Years Day. He is a special little boy due to sharing his birthday with me. All the best babies are born on New Years Day ;0)

Thanks for popping by today and changes are still afoot in the Stampin' Sarah camp. I will be back with all the news soon. Please get in touch with any questions you may have or to order products direct: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment